Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - Nintendo 3DS
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Best-selling farming/life-sim game of all time returns - Series producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto returns with veteran Bokujo Monogatari team to create the biggest adventure yet in this beloved series
- Extensive customization - After creating unique farmer avatars, players work and play their way through three towns in search of ways to decorate their homes and take care of their crops and animals
- Three towns, one world - Players acquire rare crops, decorations, and furniture, then can connect with other players to trade, or try enhancing them through a magic pedestal in the multiplayer world
- Heart-throbbing romance - Build relationships with bachelors and bachelorettes; if players see each of those stories through, they can propose, get married, and even start their own families
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 1.27 x 13.72 x 12.45 cm; 90.72 Grams
- Release date : 28 February 2017
- ASIN : B01IFFA2YU
- Item model number : 81708
- Customer reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
STORY OF SEASONS: Trio of Towns is a fresh new entry in the 'Bokujo Monogatari' series, a long-standing and top-selling farming/life-simulation franchise. After creating a customized character, players can live out a new life by cultivating their favorite fruits and vegetables while expanding and filling their farm with their choice of animals. For the first time in the series, players can explore three different towns, each with their own regional crops, animals, and flavors, in search of new ways to grow their farms and friendships. Players can also connect to one another, locally or via internet, to chat and trade useful items.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Let me begin with a little introduction of the plot:
You start off as a girl or boy who decides to become an independent farmer. The reason: Due to your father's job, your family is moving around too often, and you want to settle down. Although your father disapproves, he still sends you to his younger brother to teach you how to become a successful farmer. That's when your real adventure begins.
Unlike the previous Story of Seasons games, you can choose personality types that can benefit you (such as animal lover, fisher, sports enthusiast, tycoon, charmer), depending on what you pick. This is not only helpful, but also enjoyable. There are also part time jobs that improve your relationship with the townsfolk and can help you earn some more money. This keeps you busy throughout the game, although the jobs are quite repetitive, to be honest. At least it's easier to increase friendship levels compared to previous games, and you can also have access to more items.
There is also an option that features a multiplayer mode utilizing both local (for nearby friends) and internet connection. This allows you to receive items, some of them are quite rare.
The festivals haven't changed much in terms of content, but the depiction and presentation are different. The basic procedures such as shipping, remodeling, furniture, growing crops and raising livestock are generally just about the same way. One significant addition in this section is the diversity of pets.
Ultimately, the most interesting feature of the game are the three different towns. Each town has its own unique traditions, design and people. They are all equally beautiful in their own way, and the illustration aspect of the game is amazing. The cheerful background music also fits the themes of the towns. Even the weather has been taken into consideration, and depending in which town or area you are, it can be different.
Overall, as a long time "Harvest Moon" (now Story of Seasons) fan, I can definitely say that this game has so far been a great and refreshing experience. Whether you are a "Seedling" to the franchise or a "Veteran", this game will surely make you daydream about having your own little farm in real life!
In a lot of ways, I feel like this game really improved a lot of things since Story of Seasons. It does get off to kind of a slow start in my opinion and at first I was worried that I would get bored but I was proven completely wrong. Once the ball starts rolling things get really interesting!
The art style (?) of the characters in this game are a bit odd. I didn't like the designs for the bachelors at all at first but the actual characters themselves are very likable and interesting! I had a REALLY hard time deciding who to settle down with after getting to know the marriage candidates. But it's not just the bachelors and bachelorettes that are interesting, the other villagers are endearing too. I found myself spending a lot of my time greeting and talking to everyone just to see what they had to say. I personally have already completed all the main story goals and have gotten married but I am STILL playing! I usually lose interest at this point but something keeps drawing my back and I honestly think it's because of the effort they put into their characters. One of my own goals now is to unlock all of the villager's friend events.
The main story goals are very manageable and feel rewarding after being completed. I blasted through them on my play through mostly without help from trading (STUPID ROSEMARY).
Tips I would have:
- HOARD. HOARD EVERYTHING. Rocks, twigs, weeds, even scrap ore, which you will have a use for in completing one of the main story goals!!!! Especially forgeable herbs like thyme and rosemary (though you probably won't start finding these until Yr 2 you WILL NEED THEM)
- In the beginning, you have pretty early access to the mining nodes for gems and stuff that you can sell for quick money, but once you start making consistent G on your own, hoard all gems too.
- Livestock are hard work but they will MAKE YOU RICH. I have one of each of all the animals you can buy. Lemme tell you. I have over 10mill G right now in Fall Yr 2. Yes you read that right. 10mill. And counting. I don't even know what to spend it on at this point! I personally like caring for my livestock. Some people don't. But it is worth it. Especially when you get them producing 20 products a pop and + products on top of that. My buffalo's gold milk sells for so much it's not even funny. Also, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LET YOUR ANIMALS OUTSIDE EVERYDAY. This is something I wish I knew when I started the game as it would have saved me a lot of time. The benefits for letting them outside are minuscule. As long as you keep them fed, brush them, and keep the barns clean they will stay happy and stress-free. If you have herding animals, let them do all the hard work. In yr 2 a tool is sold that lets you herd your animals in and out instantly. Wait until you get this if you really want to herd your animals. Don't waste time pushing livestock in and out like I did.
- another pro tip about livestock: don't upgrade your wool/fur producing animals to S product quality rank unless you have a bunch of normal wool/fur saved up. Normal wool/fur is required for some clothing and I think some farm circles and cannot be substituted with wool+/fur+ (unlike making normal cloth which can be made from wool+/fur+). I learned this the hard way when I accidentally got my rabbit to S rank and I was 1 regular fur short of an article of clothing I wanted -__-
- there are great online resources and other helpful tips as well as forums for this game. Fogu is a great site to use as a guide and as a forum for trading requests or talking/asking questions. Thonky is another one, though some of the names of items may be off since it's translated from the Japanese version of the game. Use them if you ever are lost or need help.
All in all, amazingly addictive game! A great addition to the Story of Seasons family! Can't wait to see what else they have in store for this franchise. ^^