|Item model number||MZ-V7E500BW|
|RAM Size||500 GB|
|Hard Drive Size||500 GB|
|Hard Drive Interface||ATA|
|Operating System||Windows & Mac|
|Are Batteries Included||No|
|Item Weight||54.4 g|
|Product Dimensions||2.21 x 8 x 2.29 cm|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ SAR 12.00 shipping
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 PCIe NVMe Internal SSD(MZ-V7E500BW)
+ SAR 19.89 Shipping
Import Fees Deposit Included
We will collect the Import Fees Deposit at the time of your purchase and use it to cover applicable taxes and duties on import. Learn more. The total may change depending on the chosen shipping option and items in cart during checkout.
- Built with Samsung?s industry leading V NAND technology for reliable and superior performance
- Read speeds up to 3,500MB/s* with a 5 year limited warranty and exceptional endurance up to 1,200 TBW* (* May vary by capacity)
- Seamless cloning and file transfers with the Samsung Magician Software, the ideal SSD management solution for performance optimization and data security with automatic firmware updates
- Samsung's Dynamic Thermal Guard reduces risk of overheating and minimizes performance drops. Operating Temperature: 0 to 70 Degree Celsius
- The NVMe interface (PCIe M.2 2280) offers enhanced bandwidth, low latency, and power efficiency, perfect for tech enthusiasts, high-end gamers, and 4K & 3D content designers.
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Any warranty descriptions were intended for US purchasers. Warranty may not be valid in Saudi Arabia.
- Learn more about Amazon Global Store.
We want you to know
This is a product from the US and may differ from similar products sold locally. Please carefully review the labelling and other product information to determine if this product is appropriate for you. A power plug adapter may be required to fit KSA sockets.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- INTERFACE -PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3
- CONTROLLER - Samsung Phoenix Controller
- STORAGE MEMORY - Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
- DIMENSION (WxHxD) - 80.15 X 22.15 X 2.38 (mm)
- ENCRYPTION SUPPORT -AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0), TCG/Opal, IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- Sequential Read Speeds up to 3,400MB/s
- Sequential Write Speeds Up to 2,300MB/s
- CACHE MEMORY -512 MB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
Advanced drive management made simple. The Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
- Brand : Samsung
- Storage Capacity : 500 GB
- Compatible operating systems : Windows & Mac
- Drive Interface Type : M.2
- Drive Type : SSD
- Storage Device Use : Internal Laptop
- Model Number : MZ-V7E500BW
- Are batteries needed to power the product or is this product a battery : No
- Is this a Dangerous Good or a Hazardous Material, Substance or Waste that is regulated for transportation, storage, and/or disposal? : No
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
2 customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Your games will maybe load 1 second faster. OS maybe boots slightly faster, but who does that?
The only thing I can objectively tell is different is I can move and delete huge files instantly. Perhaps it is more effective for someone who is doing 4K video editing.
If you're a gamer or just average user, just buy a regular SSD. Trust me.
Edit: Included a benchmark. 2,759 MB/sec write, and 2,313 MB/sec read. If you remember 3.5" floppies, this is like reading 1915 diskettes every second.
Edit2: After realizing that I wasn't getting the rated speed (which no one will probably actually see), I started to look into it and I made sure that I had the latest BIOS update, the latest chipset and storage drivers, and the Samsung NVME driver. After doing all that, I re-ran the benchmark and now I'm over the 3000 MB/sec mark! It's fast out of the box but with proper setup it can be much faster!
well, the usual Samsung witchcraft ensued after a few months of use. Contrary to what the benchmark test still says this drive is now as slow and unresponsive as the Kingston drive that I have since thrown away. it's mojo and badassery dissappeared after an update installed. It's still a cool little drive but it looks like it's been throttled back possibly due to faster drives being in the works.
so far so good. I had a pre installed Kingston m.2 sata drive in my MSI gaming laptop and it did the job, just not very quickly. After cloning my system over to the 970 EVO I was eager to see the difference in speed. To my surprise the boot time didn't really change, it might be half a second faster, so little I began to wonder if the price was worth it. I decided to open Adobe Lightroom as that is what I primarily use this computer for. I had processed a batch of photos with the old drive and it had taken roughly 5 minutes to finish. I processed the same batch with the 970 EVO and it blew my mind, 45 seconds from import to batch adjustment and export. I am so happy with this drive, my photography work will happen so much quicker now.
Attaching the CrystalMark scores for both my old Kingston and the 970 EVO. I was hesitant to spend this much on a drive but now I can't wait to upgrade my desktop with one of these.
Unfortunately, a 1TB replacement SSD from Apple was $600 plus $100 labor, and OWC's after-market drives suffer terrible reviews about product quality and heat issues. Enter these two parts available on Amazon: the "Samsung 970 EVO 2TB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7E2T0BW)" and the "JSER 12+16pin 2014 2015 Macbook to M.2 NGFF M-Key SSD Convert Card for A1493 A1502 A1465 A1466."
With these two parts, I was able to upgrade to a MUCH FASTER *2TB* SSD for about $800. That's DOUBLE the original storage space and over TRIPLE the speed of the factory Apple SSD for only about $200 more. I've been running this SSD for a few weeks now with no issues. Sleep mode works great, and everything seems to be perfect, just faster. The only thing I haven't been able to test yet is hibernate, because that only kicks in during Sleep mode when the battery gets exceedingly low, and that hasn't happened to my machine yet.
If your MacBook Pro SSD has failed and you're looking at options, consider the parts I mentioned, because they represent a much better value and performance capability than Apple's factory SSD. As long as your MacBook Pro was upgraded to a recent version of High Sierra (10.13.x) or higher, your MacBook Pro will have the firmware update that is needed for this after-market SSD combination work. Check out the attached Black Magic speed results for evidence of the performance you'll get with this combo! Very happy so far, and will post back if I find any issues as time goes on. I'm 3-4 weeks in and everything has been smooth!