|Product Dimensions||19.56 x 14.99 x 6.1 cm; 290.3 Grams|
|Manufacturer recommended age||3 years and up|
|Our Recommended age||36 months - 6 years|
|Item model number||3794|
|Number of Puzzle Pieces||12|
|Material Type(s)||Wood, Paper|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Release date||12 June 2006|
|Mfg Recommended age||3 year and up|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ SAR 10.00 shipping
Melissa & Doug Vehicles 4-in-1 Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles
+ SAR 31.68 Shipping
Import Fees Deposit Included
We will collect the Import Fees Deposit at the time of your purchase and use it to cover applicable taxes and duties on import. Learn more. The total may change depending on the chosen shipping option and items in cart during checkout.
Enhance your purchase
- FOUR FUN VEHICLE-THEMED PUZZLES: The Melissa & Doug Vehicles Jigsaw Puzzles includes four 12-piece puzzles featuring a race car, steam engine, school bus, and fire engine.
- STURDY WOODEN STORAGE BOX: Our car puzzles for toddlers can be easily stored in the included sturdy wooden storage box that doubles as a puzzle board.
- HELPS DEVELOP MULTIPLE SKILLS: This jigsaw puzzle helps children develop strong hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and problem solving.
- GREAT GIFT FOR KIDS AGES 3 TO 6: The Vehicles Jigsaw Puzzles in a Box is an exceptional gift for kids ages 3 to 6 years. Add the Melissa & Doug Dinosaurs 4-in-1 Puzzle to round out the hands-on, screen-free play experience.
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY": For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.".100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: We design every toy to the highest quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right. Our phone number is on every product
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Set includes four wooden, 12-piece vehicle jigsaw puzzles--a race car, a steam engine, a school bus, and a fire engine--each stored in a separate compartment of a sturdy wooden box The slide-on box lid doubles as a convenient puzzle board Each puzzle piece is shape-coded on the back for easy sorting. Great for travel Puzzle play is an exceptional way for children to develop cognitive, physical, and emotional skills. As children work at solving the decorative and themed puzzles, they are also developing hand-eye coordination along with fine and gross motor skills. Problem-solving and logical thinking are also vital life development skills that children learn by playing with Melissa & Doug Puzzles. The Vehicles Jigsaw Puzzles in a Box is an exceptional gift for kids ages 3 to 6 years. Add the Melissa & Doug Dinosaurs 4-in-1 Puzzle to round out the hands-on, screen-free play experience. For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called ?the gold standard in early childhood play.? Today, Melissa & Doug is proudly partnering with the American Academy of Pediatrics to foster early brain development and help children build important life skills through play.Brand StoryByFrom the ManufacturerFrom classic wooden toys to crafts, pretend play, and games, Melissa & Doug products provide a launch pad to ignite imagination and a sense of wonder in all children so they can discover themselves, their passions, and their purpose. Since the company?s founding more than 25 years ago, Melissa & Doug has consistently delivered innovative products that inspire open-ended thinking, encourage kids to see new possibilities, and offer Countless Ways to Play. It?s part of a bigger vision to Take Back Childhood. Because by giving children a true childhood with the space and freedom to explore their world, we give them a path to realizing their full potential!
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The puzzles are nice and the box is nice. My son likes to do the puzzles. However, they're as small as they could possibly be for toddler puzzles. Even if the whole thing was just 15 percent bigger, it would be a vast improvement.
The box is separated into quarters, and the puzzle pieces to the four puzzles go in each section. These sections are juuuust big enough to hold the dozen pieces of each puzzle. The top of the box slides into grooves to cover the box, and in the case of my almost-three year old, it often gets jammed. Pieces fly out as the box is closing. If you're feeling trepidation about giving your barely-preschooler a box of 48 not very big puzzle pieces, you have good reason. Of course, with my boy, he's the age where I am there with him as he does a puzzle; but, you know, they do find a way to get into things (unless of course you're a perfect parent with pinterest-worthy organization skills--I am not).
I have provided pictures that show how thin the wooden pieces are, and how small the puzzles are overall. Yes, it's a ten dollar box of puzzles. I suppose it's worth it for that, but I'd be willing to pay a few dollars more for one made more practical with the littlest users in mind, more than the aesthetic appeal of the grown ups who buy it.
- Quailty. That's something I've come to rely on with Melisa and Doug and they don't disappoint with this one. I would say it's a small step down in terms of quality from some of their others, but really, for the price you pay, what you get is really great! The wood box is well made, the pieces are not flimsy and the pictures don't peel up at the corners of the pieces like many puzzles.
- FOUR PUZZLES in ONE SMALL BOX! My boy is obsessed with vehicles (particularly trains) so this was perfect. This set has a train, a fire truck, a school bus and a race car. Little boy heaven.
- Easy enough and with few enough pieces that my 4 year old (who also happens to be autistic and gets easily frustrated and gives up when things are too hard) can do these with little help.
- Probably my favorite part about this puzzle is something I was stressing about from the moment I saw it. I was envisioning my boy dumping ALL the pieces out at once and me having a horrible time trying to sort which piece goes with which picture and in which compartment. Fortunately the clever people at Melissa and Doug thought of that and put a different red shape on the back of every single puzzle piece so you can easily figure out which go together based which have a circle, which have a square etc. That actually makes for fun clean up because it involves sorting! Nice work M&D!
- The lid also serves as a removable puzzle building frame with plenty of room to work. While these puzzles can easily be assembled without the backing (as long as you're doing it on a hard surface like the table or wood floor), it's nice to have that feature.
- Portability! There are very few activities that our son enjoys that don't involve noise. The few toys we have that can keep him occupied for a while are precious and even fewer of them are portable. This is a very small box and is something that would easily fit in a backpack or diaper bag as long as the diaper bag isn't overly full. I have one word: church. We take this to church and let the boy go to town at our feet with these puzzles in front of the pew. People can judge away, but the fact that we're even there each week with an autistic 4 year old is a miracle and takes some serious dedication, haha!
All in all I think these are darling little puzzles, perfect for a 4 year old (or 2 or 3 year old depending on how much of a puzzle prodigy they are)! See my pics for an idea of what they all look like put together and also next to another Melissa and Doug jigsaw puzzle that is bigger and was sold individually.
I did NOT receive this item free or at a discount
My first impressions:
1.) box was much smaller then I expected, especially for the price I paid.
2) seemed heavy and very well built
1.) when my son opened this present, he was ECSTATIC!!! At age 2 he was a puzzle master and dinosaur obsessed! He wanted to stop opening presents right away and put these puzzles together!
Opening the box:
1.) The plastic this box was wrapped in was easy to get into, the wooden lid on the box itself, not so much.. My son couldn't get it open himself so he needed help with that.. It took some effort on my part to get it slid off as well, because the places that are cut out for the lid to slide in and out of are pretty stiff.. I guess that is a good thing though because after lots of use, you don't want the lid to just start sliding off on its own.
2.) Each puzzle took him about 5-7 minutes to get put together. The pictures on each puzzle were very detailed and colorful.
3.) I worried about the paper pictures on the wooden pieces peeling off after continued use.
4.) There are shapes on the back of each piece that helps you identify which pieces go together. There is also a separate compartment for each puzzle in the box. When he got done with the puzzles, I had him take them all apart and mix them together, then separate them by matching the shapes as they went back in the box. We noticed that 2 of the puzzles had shapes on the back that were VERY similar.. This could be a problem depending on the age and maturity of your child.
Overall impression after 1 year of use:
1.) This has been a favorite puzzle set for my son since he got it. He chose these puzzles several times over the other puzzles he owns.
2.) The puzzle pieces and the storage box are still in great shape. No torn, peeling or missing paper from the pieces or the box, and no broken or loose wood on the box. They have held up well.
3.) the storage box and the shapes on the puzzle pieces make him actually WANT to put the puzzles away when he's finished with them (YESSS!!)
4.) The recommended age may be a little off (in my opinion). It says ages 3 and up but my son was 2 when we got this and now at 3, he doesn't use these puzzles as much as he use to because it only takes about 2 minutes to put together each one.
I definitely recommend this puzzle set. After about 6-8 months of NON-STOP use, the puzzle pieces and the storage box still look as good as new!